Harding Miller Education Foundation Scholarships
The Harding Miller Education Foundation Scholarship Program provides practical support to lift the educational and career aspirations of high potential Australian girls who are facing economic hardship.
New scholarships are valued at approximately $20,000 over the course of 4 years. Scholarships are provided as a ‘toolkit’ that students can use to support their pursuit of academic excellence. Successful applicants for 2019 will receive the following 2 years’ support:
- High quality lap-top and help desk support
- 4G mobile broadband including 6GB data per month
- $2,000.00 of ‘face to face’ tutoring per year
- Subscription to an online study help provider
- $600.00 gift card for school expenses per year
- Mentoring from a personal coach
Students will receive a two-year scholarship subject to students’ ongoing dedication to school and tertiary education ambitions. The Foundation intends to support students for another two years until they graduate from High School.
At the end of each year, students will be required to provide to the Harding Miller Education Foundation evidence of their successful progress through their study by completing an online survey and uploading their most recent reports. If an applicant fails to submit the annual survey, the Harding Miller Education Foundation reserves the right to terminate the scholarship.
Students must read the scholarship Terms & Conditions before applying for the scholarship.
Scholarship recipients will be invited to apply to extend their scholarship at the end of year 10.
- Girl entering Year 9 in 2019
- Attends an Australian public school
- Australian citizen or permanent resident
- Demonstrates high academic potential
- Shows a motivation to achieve academically and professionally, including an intention to carry on to tertiary education
- Experiencing personal or socioeconomic hardship
- Agree to the Terms and Conditions of the scholarship, including providing feedback to the Harding Miller Education Foundation at the completion of each academic year during the scholarship period
A set of selection panels will review all scholarship applications and assess them against the selection criteria. The selection panels will include representatives from The Public Education Foundation, The Harding Miller Education Foundation, The Department of Education and independent panel members.After considering all applications, the selection panel will provide their recommendations to the Harding Miller Education Foundation Board for their approval.Applicants will be notified of the outcome by email. If successful, the scholarship recipient’s principal and parent/guardian will also be notified.
Prior To Your Application, Please Compile The Following Information Ready To Submit:
To apply for the Harding Miller Education Foundation Scholarship, students can access the link to the online portal via the Foundation’s website
- Applicants details including:
- Full name
- Date of birth
- Primary phone number (home or mobile)
- School email (used to set up your laptop)
- Personal email (if applicable)
- Applicants statement (maximum 400 words) describing how you meet the selection criteria and why you are a suitable candidate
- Residential status including:
- You must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident
- Parent/guardian details (at least one but up to two) including:
- Phone number
- Postal address
- Email address
- Relationship to student
- Country of birth
- Parent/guardian signed the consent form agreeing to the scholarship Terms & Conditions
- School details including:
- Name of school
- Your school’s address
- Your school’s postal address
- Your school’s phone number
- Your school’s email address
- Name, phone number and email address for your Principal
- Principals reference
- Basic information about you and your family including:
- The highest level of qualification gained by a member of your immediate family
- Whether you are Aboriginal, Torres Strait Islander, Pacific Islander or South Sea Islander
- If you are from a Non-English speaking family
- Which languages you speak at home
- Whether you have been in out-of-home care
- How you and your family are experiencing economic hardship
- Your total household income
- How you found out about the scholarship
- Your academic achievements including:
- Scan of your 2018 year 8, semester 1 academic school report
- Scan of your Year 7 NAPLAN results
Submitting Your Application
Once you have finalised your application and all fields are complete (including references and reports as required) you may submit it.
Applications will close at 11.59pm on Friday, 28th September 2018.
For Further Information
Call the Harding Miller Foundation on on 02 9556 7537 or email the Harding Miller Education Foundation at firstname.lastname@example.org