Public School Parent of the Year Award 2020
The Public School Parent of the Year Award is a prestigious award presented to parents, guardians and caregivers who have made a significant contribution to their local NSW public school community.
This Information Pack will answer your questions about the award, eligibility and selection criteria for the award.
Who can be nominated?
Any parent, guardian or caregiver of a student in a NSW public school can be nominated for this award. They must have, or care for, a child/children currently enrolled in the nominating school.
Who can nominate?
Members of preschools or school communities may nominate a parent, guardian or caregiver. This includes, but is not limited to school principals, head teachers, directors, another parent and/or guardian.
All nominations must be endorsed by the school Principal. The Principal is also asked to provide a citation to be used in the Awards program should the nomination be successful.
Nominees must be made aware they have been nominated, and must accept their nomination via the online nomination system.
How to nominate?
All nominations for this award are completed via the Public Education Foundation’s online application system. To access this system visit www.publiceducationfoundation.org.au/scholarships and click on the relevant award.
Prior to starting the online process, the nominator may prefer to gather the necessary information ready to submit:
- Nominee details (including home address, phone number, email and role/position within the school)
- School details (including address, phone number and principal email address)
- Nominator’s statement supporting the nominees achievements (300 words max in pdf format addressing their achievements)
- Nominee’s endorsement (the nominator must initiate a request via the online nomination to the Nominee. This will result in an email being sent to the Nominee requesting them to accept the nomination)
- A photograph of the nominee (preferably head shot only)
- Principal endorsement and citation (the nominator must initiate a request via the online nomination to the Principal. This will result in an email being sent to the Principal requesting them to endorse the nomination, and provide a 100 word citation to be used in the Awards program should the nomination be successful)
Who selects the recipients?
It is anticipated that the selection panel will include representatives from the NSW Department of Education, the Public Education Foundation and an independent representative from the education sector. All applicants will be reviewed according to the criteria set out.
When is the closing date for applications?
Applications close at 11.59pm on Tuesday 9 June 2020. No late applications will be considered.
For further information including terms and conditions
Call the Public Education Foundation on 02 7814 2806 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We also encourage you to visit our website www.publiceducationfoundation.org.au