The Patricia Long Conservatorium High School Scholarship was established with the proceeds of the estate of the late Patricia Long. This scholarship helps talented musicians attend the Conservatorium High School. The scholarship is offered to a student whose financial circumstances are such that they would substantially benefit from this scholarship.
The recipient of the Patricia Long Conservatorium High School Scholarship will receive financial support in the amount of $2,500 for each year they remain enrolled as a student at the Conservatorium High School.
They will continue to receive the scholarship whilst they remain enrolled at the Conservatorium High School, make satisfactory progress in their studies and maintain an acceptable attendance record. The maximum period of support for any individual scholar will be six years.
The scholarship is to cover musical and educational expenses such as:
- Purchase of a musical instrument relevant to their musical studies
- Musical tuition
- Uniforms and other equipment
- Stationery and books
- Excursions and camps
If a student leaves the Conservatorium High School, the scholarship will lapse. Any unspent monies at the end of the academic year of the scholarship period must be refunded to the Public Education Foundation scholarship fund.
Before applying for this scholarship, please ensure that you read the scholarship terms and conditions available on our website at www.publiceducationfoundation.org.au/scholarship-awards-terms
- Currently in Year 6
- Intending to apply for enrolment in Year 7 at the Conservatorium High School
- Australian citizen or permanent resident
- Potential to do well at the Conservatorium High School and be able to demonstrate that the scholarship will make a significant contribution to reaching their musical ambitions
- Assessment of all round musical potential based on the audition and assessment process of the Conservatorium High School
- Commitment to study at the Conservatorium High School
A selection panel will review all scholarship applications and assess them against the selection criteria. The selection panel will include representatives of the Public Education Foundation, a representative from the Conservatorium High School and independent experts. After considering all applications, the selection panel will recommend the selected applicant for the approval of the Public Education Foundation’s Board.
Applicants will be notified of the outcome via email. If successful, the scholarship recipient’s school principal will also receive notification directly.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for the Patricia Long Conservatorium High School Scholarship, students can access the link to the online portal via the Foundation’s website – https://www.publiceducationfoundation.org.au/scholarships
Please note that all applications are now received via the Foundation’s online portal. You will need to sign up for a FluidReview account to access the form.
Prior to starting your application, you should compile the following information ready to submit:
- Applicant details including:
- full name
- date of birth
- phone number
- Residence status (copy of residency Visa or Citizenship certificate is a requirement for applicants born outside of Australia)
- Parent/guardian details (at least one but up to two)
- phone number
- relationship to student
- email address
- School details:
- name of school
- principal name
- School point of contact – the person at the school who you would like correspondence sent to – name, phone number and email
- Basic information about you / your family:
- highest education qualification of your immediate family
- whether you are Aboriginal, Torres Strait Islander, or Pacific or South Sea Islander
- if you are from a Non-English Speaking Background
- country of origin of your parents and yourself
- which languages you speak and are spoken at home
- whether you have been in out-of-home care
- socio-economic background
- how you found out about the scholarship
- Which instrument/s you play
- A recent photograph of yourself (head shot)
- A statement outlining why you, the applicant, is a suitable candidate for this scholarship and how you meet each of the selection criteria. Please also outline your academic plan (Maximum 400 words)
- A copy of all pages of your most recent school report ready to upload
- A reference from your Music Teacher (PDF or Word format, maximum 400 words)
- A supporting statement from your Principal (the Principal will be sent an email requesting them to complete a statement of support
- Note for Principals: Please be aware that your statement is a critical component of the application form and your feedback is given considerable weight in the process of panel deliberations. The panels are looking for feedback that goes well beyond simple confirmation that the student is enrolled in your school, or that you endorse the application
SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION
Once you have finalised your application and all elements are complete (including references as required) you can submit it for review.
Applications must be submitted by 11.59pm on Tuesday 4 December 2018
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION
Call the Public Education Foundation on 02 9266 8256 or email us at email@example.com.